Wheels can get dirty relatively fast with a build up of brake dust. We have specifically created a NO EFFORT product that removes brake dust effortlessly called Wheelmuck+. The formula is fast acting and has been specially formulated at a viscosity to allow easy application and to enable it to be very cost effective.
Wheelmuck+ is also PH neutral which makes it safe to use on all wheels and painted surfaces. Wheelmuck+ is a little smelly, but rest assured that component is 100% biodegradable.
When using Wheelmuck+, you’ll see it undergoes a colour change from yellow to red as a reaction occurs to dislodge the brake dust iron contaminants, enabling it to be washed away with water.
- NZ made
- Completely different technology to regular wheel cleaners
- PH Neutral- Safe on wheels and painted surfaces
- Active is 100% Biodegradable
- Low Odour
- Low Foaming
- 2-3 x more wheel washes than similar imported products due to WHEELMUCK+ allowing a very thin application and still working extremely well- very cost effective.
- Easy application due to viscosity.
- Better coverage due to viscosity and anti foaming properties.
- Colour coding during stages of reaction with contaminants.
- Can be used for decontamination of vehicle body panels.
Note before: It is recommended to only do one or two wheels at a time. For ceramic pad dust, dirt, grease or tyre silicone overspray a slight agitation with a soft brush is necessary.
- Adjust nozzle on applicator to a fine spray position. Do this by opening the nozzle a couple turns. Pump the trigger until product comes out in a stream. Close the nozzle all the way. Open it a tiny amount, until product just starts coming out when you operate the trigger. Fine adjust nozzle to get good mist when operating trigger hard. See video below.
- Spray evenly on cool, dry wheels.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes. Wheelmuck+ changes from yellow to red to purple as reaction occurs.
- If any areas have dried and turned brown, do a quick recoat to those areas just prior to rinsing off.
- Rinse off with a jet of water from hose or pressure washer.
- Reapply and agitate with soft brush if necessary.
- Sprays on YELLOW, if no change then no brake dust contaminants, or possibly ceramic pad dust.
- Turns RED as reaction starts.
- Turns PURPLE when reaction well underway.
- Turns DARK PURPLE when reaction is almost complete. Rinse off just before next step.
- If it turns BROWN, reaction has started reversing. A quick spray on BROWN spots with WHEELMUCK+ before rinsing off will sort this.
- Tarnishing will occur on older corroded clips and older style wheel balancing weights.
- Oxidation can occur on Zinc, Cadmium plated or other specific raw surfaces.
- Don’t use on rims that are old, bad condition or damaged.
- Oxidation stains can occur on driveways. To clean, simply hose off after application. However stain will disappear in a couple weeks regardless.
- The trigger on the 750ml bottle does not work well?
Answer: The trigger for this bottle has been carefully selected but needs to be adjusted properly for it to dispense the Wheelmuck+’s thick liquid. Once you have product coming out, you need to close the nozzle to the almost shut position to get a nice mist. Experiment with that “almost shut” position. Giving a nice hard squeeze on the trigger also helps!
- The 750ml bottle of Wheelmuck+ does not clean many wheels?
Answer: The trigger for this bottle has been carefully selected but needs to be adjusted for it to dispense the Wheelmuck+’s thick liquid properly. Once you have product coming out, you need to close the nozzle to the almost shut position to get a nice mist. Experimenting with that “almost shut” position and giving a nice hard squeeze on the trigger will make this product go on so much finer, and last so much longer.
- Can Wheelmuck be used on plastidip wheels?
Answer: Yes, Wheelmuck is PH Neutral, very safe, and very effective at cleaning plastidip wheels.
- Can Wheelmuck + be used on clear coated vehicle body panels for decontamination?
Answer: Yes, Wheelmuck + is safe to use on vehicle body panels.
- My wheels don’t turn red like in the video’s when I apply Wheelmuck+?
Answer: Wheelmuck+ turns red when it reacts with iron particles in brake dust from regular brake pads. If you have the “ low dust “ ceramic pads, or it is dirt, grease, tyre silicone you are trying to clean, then it won’t turn very red, or not at all. You will need to agitate slightly with a soft brush to remove this type of dirt.
- Wheelmuck+ does not clean my wheels properly with just a jet of water, as per the video’s?
Answer: If you have “low dust“ ceramic pads, or it is dirt, grease, tyre silicone overspray that you are trying to clean, then you will need to agitate slightly with a soft brush to remove this type of dirt. Very old brake dust, like on inside of the wheel, will initially need to be agitated a couple of times to help get rid of the extreme brake dust.
- My Offroad vehicles wheels that are full of mud don’t clean up well using Wheelmuck+?
Answer: We recommend that you use our Automuck Clean to clean the mud off your wheels, as Wheelmuck+ is designed primarily for brake dust.
Used this product for the first time at the weekend on my Lexus IS250, these vehicle are renowned for producing lots of brake dust and I was very impressed with it, does what is says on the bottle and with very little effort from me, will definitely buy again. Recommend these products.
I have a 4x4 that produces heaps of brake dust. It was so caked on I even tried a stealo, I have tried a number of chemical products with average results. Two applications of this product the dust and build up has gone. I highly recommend.
Really happy with how much grime came off with just a spray and hose. Will be my go to for car washing from now on